The church contains a particularly attractive, painted font. It is eight-sided and stands well up on two octagonal risers. On each of the sides of the bowl there is a rectangular panel in which is a seated figure.
Starting at the west face and going to the south the figures may be identified as follows:
- The Holy Trinity represented by the seated figure of God the Father supporting the crucifix resting on an orb, and above is the Holy Dove.
- Possibly one of the Apostles, holding a book in his left hand.
- St Edmund, crowned and holding a sceptre.
- St George seated with his feet resting on a winged dragon.
- St Thomas Becket in full pontificals, holding his crozier in his left hand.
- St Barbara, a tower in her left hand and a palm branch in her right.
- St Agatha with her right hand raised as if warding off a sword.
- Possibly one of the Apostles. Bare feet.
The bowl is supported on a stem made up of eight graceful niches in each of which is a figure standing on a high pedestal:
- St Leonard with a club in his right hand and fetters in his left.
- St Catherine, a sword in her right hand, a wheel in her left.
- St Stephen as a deacon, with a palm branch in his right hand and stones in his left.
- St Mary Magdalen, with two long plaits of hair.
- St Lawrence as a deacon holding a gridiron.
- St Margaret of Antioch slaying the dragon with a sharp-pointed cross.
- St Benedict holding a pastoral staff.
- St Sitha or Zita, with keys and loaves of bread.
The font was re-coloured in 1937 under the direction of Professor Tristram.